Tuesday, July 26, 2011

WAH! (singing the blues)...

So, I'm feeling sorry for myself.  I ran too hard playing in a softball game with old shoes and I think I have tibial stress fractures - in both legs.  So no running for awhile.

But while I was running, I decided to admit a hypocrisy.  I am a prude in books and movies, but I am more lenient in my music choices.

Here's my Golist on my MP3 that I run to:
Dream on - Aerosmith (my son loved this when he was two yrs old)
Better Than Revenge - Taylor Swift (angry girl music - nice)
Everybody Dance Now - C&C Music Factory (reminds me I used to be fourteen)
Goat Girl - Tanya Donelly (my husband shared this song with me - I used to have goats)
Golden Years - David Bowie (from "A Knight's Tale")
Haunted - Taylor Swift (good cadence)
Iris - GooGoo Dolls (my personal theme song)
Love is the Answer - Weezer (I grudgingly like a Weezer song!)
Off the Hook - Barenaked Ladies (I love the emotion in this one, and I like their harmony)
Sweet Louisiana Sound - Billy Pilgrim (I like the first stanza and the guitar)
Taxi Taxi - Cher (techno-Cher is good for so many things!)
The Power - Cher (more)
We All Sleep Alone - Cher (and even more)
I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred (makes me laugh)
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (thanks to the few Glee episodes I saw)
Paparazzi - Lady Gaga (I am ashamed, but I like this one... good harmony in the chorus)
Eye of the Tiger- Survivor (necessary for a runner)
F**kin' Perfect - Pink (keeps my head in my head not inside anyone else's)
Rhythm of Love - Plain White T's (poppy and bouncy)
Everybody - Ingrid Michaelson (poppy and bouncy, and very true!)
Alejandro - Lady Gaga (good beat and melody - keeps me running)
I've Gotta Feeling - The Black-Eyed Peas (I listened to the lyrics the other day and I'm schocked to admit I let my kids listen to this one!)
Enchanted - Taylor Swift (good cadence, starts slow and folky and becomes emotional guitar)

Tame for some of you I know...  but raucous for me.

Just for listening I'm folky, harmony, singer-songwriter: Dan Fogelberg, Harry Chapin, Simon and Garfunkel, Tracy Chapman, Indigo Girls, the Andrews Sisters...

What do you listen to?

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised by your list! And, I'm shocked that you watched Glee! I have never seen it, but I've seen a couple of clips here and there, and I will not watch it. They play that "I've Gotta Feeling" song at every single youth dance. Ashton even told them it's not appropriate and they didn't get why and played it anyway.
    Some of my favorites for listening are Michael Buble, John Mayer, Maroon 5, Colbie Caillat (sp?), Hayley Westenra, Andrea Bocelli, and classical.

    ReplyDelete